[nonmember] ** Please register as a FREE member Here to access the Video & Audio lecture** [/nonmember]
You may download the lecture in various formats below:
Topic: Munabbihat – The Counsels of 6 (Part 7) Importance of knowing the nature of this world (Dunya)
In this lecture, Ustadh Mahmud goes through this saying from Munabbihat, the counsels of six.
A believer is always surrounded by six fears:
(1) fear of Allah, the exalted, that he might lose his faith (iman) (for having done something which may not have been right)
(2) fear of the two recording angels that they have recorded something that will expose him on the Day of Judgment to the rest of the people
(3) fear that Satan will render his actions void (by enticing him into committing sin)
(4) fear of the angel of death that he would come to take his soul when he is in a state of heedlessness
(5) fear that this world (dunya) will delude him and make him work for other than the hereafter
(6) fear about his family members that their company will preoccupy him much that he neglects the remembrance of Allah s.w.t
– Uthman (r.a)
In this video, Ustadh Mahmud explains the last three fears in great detail. He also explains the nature of this dunya using various Quranic verses and sayings of prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). Ustadh Mahmud then shares the true meaning of tasawwuf and the importance of change within ourselves.
Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) says:
The intelligent person is the person who controls the temptations of his nafs (carnal self) and he constantly prepares himself for the hereafter.
The incompetent (ignorant) person is the person who constantly follows the dictates of his nafs and disobeys Allah constantly, and he has hopes that Allah is going to forgive him and put him in Jannah.