[nonmember] ** Please register as a FREE member Here to access the Video & Audio lecture** [/nonmember]
You may download the lecture in various formats below:
Topic: Munabbihat – The Counsels of 6 (Part 9) Importance of knowing our enemy, Shaytan
In this lecture, Ustadh Mahmud goes through this saying from Munabbihat, the counsels of six.
Whoever acquires six qualities will enter Paradise and will be saved from the Hell- fire. These are:
(1) a person who came to know Allah (ma’rifah) and thus obeyed Him
(2) a person who learnt about Satan and thus disobeyed Satan
(3) a person who came to know about akhira (hereafter) and he sought it
(4) a person who came to know the true nature of this dunya and thus rejected it
(5) a person who came to know the truth of Allah s.w.t and followed it
(6) a person who came to know falsehood and stayed away from it
– Ali (k.a)
Ustadh Mahmud continues explaining the second quality in great detail. He explains the methods that Shaytan (Satan) uses to deceive human beings into thinking that evil is good. He then explains the various ways we can seek refuge from Shaytan, the accursed. Listen to learn how we can be saved from the accursed Shaytan and be obedient servants of Allah s.w.t.
He also goes through this saying from Munabbihat, the counsels of three.
Allah revealed to Uzayr a.s the prophet:
– When you commit even a small sin, do not look at its size but look at whom you are sinning against.
– When you are blessed with something little, do not be concerned about its pettiness but be mindful of Who has blessed you.
– When some calamity befalls you, do not complain against Me to others, just as I do not complain against you to the angels who inform Me about your evil deeds