[nonmember] ** Please register as a FREE member Here to access the Video & Audio lecture** [/nonmember]
You may download the lecture in various formats below:
In this lecture, Ustadh Mahmud goes through this saying from Munabbihat, the counsels of eight.
(1) The one who refrains from useless speech will be given wisdom
(2) The one who abandons superfluous looking will be given the tranquility of the heart (khushu’)
(3) The one who abandons superfluous food will be given the true sweetness of ‘ibadah (worship)
(4) The one who abandons superfluous laughter will be given respect
(5) The one who abandons superfluous joking will be given a beautiful appearance
(6) The one who abandons the love of this dunya will be granted the love of akhira
(7) The one who abandons busying himself with the faults and sins of other people will be given the ability to purify his own heart and remove his own faults.
(8) The one who abandons questioning the essence of Allah will be given security from hypocrisy