[nonmember] ** Please register as a FREE member Here to access the Video & Audio lecture** [/nonmember]
You may download the lecture in various formats below:
Topic: Munabbihat – The Counsels of 6 (Part 5) Importance of knowing our enemy, Shaytan
In this lecture, Ustadh Mahmud goes through this saying from Munabbihat, the counsels of six.
A believer is always surrounded by six fears:
(1) fear of Allah, the exalted, that he might lose his faith (iman) (for having done something which may not have been right)
(2) fear of the two recording angels that they have recorded something that will expose him on the Day of Judgment to the rest of the people
(3) fear that Satan will render his actions void (by enticing him into committing sin)
(4) fear of the angel of death that he would come to take his soul when he is in a state of heedlessness
(5) fear that this world (dunya) will delude him and make him work for other than the hereafter
(6) fear about his family members that their company will preoccupy him much that he neglects the remembrance of Allah s.w.t
– Uthman (r.a)
In this video, Ustadh Mahmud covers the first three fears and explains in great detail the things that can make our good deeds absolutely useless and the tricks that Satan (Shaytan) uses to make us think that we are good Muslims.