You may download the lecture in various formats below:
In this lecture, Ustadh Mahmud goes through these sayings from Munabbihat:
People before us used to advice each other of three things:
(1) the one who works for his akhira (hereafter), Allah will take care of his affairs both in this world and the next.
(2) he who reforms his inner state, Allah will beautify his outer form (appearance)
(3) the one who rectifies that which is between him and Allah, Allah will rectify that which is between him and other human beings.
– Ali (k.a)
If you were to do the three things, you will be guaranteed Allah’s good pleasure and His Jannah.
(1) there is no greater intelligence then having wara’ (being cautious)
(2) there is no greater wara’ (being over cautious in order not to fall into the prohibited) then keeping away from the harams of Allah
(3) there is no greater quality then having good character traits (husnul huluq)
– Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w)